ICYMI: Softball celebrates Senior Day with share of Big West Title

Back to Article
Back to Article

The CSUN Softball team celebrates after winning a share of the Big West Tournament after splitting the series against the University of Hawai'i. Allen Natian/Contributor

Vincent Nguyen

CSUN softball won their first Big West Title since 2010 after splitting the series against the University of Hawai’i on May 2. The Matadors defeated the Rainbow Wahine 2-0 in the first game of the double header before stumbling 2-1 in the second game. Regardless of the loss, CSUN earned their 40th win of the season, enough to give them a share of the Big West Title. Here is a gallery of the best photos of the weekend.

• Sophomore Taylor Glover (right) welcomes sophomore Katie Hooper (left) during CSUN's softball game against the University of Hawai'i on Saturday, May 2. Natahlie Ramirez/Contributor

• Junior Taylor Glover was three-for-four in the first game of CSUN's double header on Friday, Feb. 19, 2016. They lost the first game to Weber State, but won the second against Portland State. (File Photo / The Sundial)

• CSUN Sophmore Taylor Glover swings at the ball. Emily Pierce/Contributor

• CSUN Senior Kaitlin Toerner prepares to bunt an incoming ball. Emily Pierce/Contributor

• Sophomore Taylor Glover darts toward third during CSUN's softball game against the University of Hawai'i on Saturday, May 2. Natahlie Ramirez/Contributor

• Senior Kaitlin Toerner prepares to swing during CSUN's 2-0 win over the University of Hawai'i on Saturday, May 2. Natahlie Ramirez/Contributor

• Zoe Conley pitches during CSUN's 2-0 victory over the University of Hawai'i. Cladellain David/Photo Editor

• Pitchers Brianna Elder (left) and Zoe Conley (right) embrace after clinching a share of the Big West Title after defeating the University of Hawai'i on Saturday, May 2. Cladellain David/Photo Editor

• The CSUN softball team celebrates after defeating the University of Hawai'i 2-0 in the first game of their doubleheader on Saturday, May 2. Cladellain David/Photo Editor

• CSUN Senior Jordan Sauceda prepares to swing at an oncoming ball. Emily Pierce/Contributor

• The team circles up before the game, mentally preparing themselves for the next few hours. Emily Pierce/Contributo

• CSUN softball players try to get on base during their series games against the University of Hawai'i. Allen Natian/Contributor

• Savannah Horvath and Ariana Wassmer tries to warn of a fly ball during the series games against the University of Hawai'i. Allen Natian/Contributor

• Maylyn Mitchell slides back to the base after trying to get caught off base. Allen Natian/Contributor

• The CSUN Softball team celebrates after winning a share of the Big West Tournament after splitting the series against the University of Hawai'i. Allen Natian/Contributor