CSUN hosts on-campus voting for CFA strike

Back to Article
Back to Article

Vice President of the CFA Ivor Weiner and President of the CFA Nate Thomas, sign faculty up to participate in the vote to strike at Sierra Tower Oct. 21. Photo credit: Nicollette Ashtiani

Nicollette Ashtiani

CSUN faculty members of the California Faculty Association came out to a public voting station Wednesday to cast their ballots in the on-going CFA strike vote.

Following unsuccessful salary negotiations between the union and the CSU system, the CFA began the 10-day strike vote on Oct. 19.

Voting is scheduled to end on Oct. 28 at 5 p.m.

• Members of the CFA help sign up faculty at Sierra tower to participate in a vote to strike this Oct. 21. Photo credit: Nicollette Ashtiani

• Ivor Weiner, Vice President of the CFA, helps CSUN Social Work Professor Alejandra Acuna sign up for the strike vote at Sierra Tower Oct 21. Photo credit: Nicollette Ashtiani

• CSUN Philosophy Professor Robin Muller with other faculty members, signs up to participate in the vote to strike at Sierra Tower Oct. 21. Photo credit: Nicollette Ashtiani

• Ivor Weiner, Vice President of the CFA, helps CSUN Sociology Professor Stavros Karageorgis sign up for the strike vote in Sierra Tower Oct. 21. Photo credit: Nicollette Ashtiani

• Vice President of the CFA Ivor Weiner and President of the CFA Nate Thomas, sign faculty up for the strike vote at Sierra Tower Oct. 21. Photo credit: Nicollette Ashtiani