So-Cal’s Upcoming Music and Zine Festivals

(Jay L. Clendenin/Los Angeles Times/MCT)

Some of this year’s largest music and culture talents will be held this month and next month at four unique festivals in the Los Angeles, Orange County, and San Diego areas.

San Diego’s CRSSD festival will feature live performances from Odesza, Chet Faker, Jamie Jones, Gorgon City, Loco Dice, Hot Since 82, and other EDM DJ sets. The festival takes place at the Waterfront Park on Saturday, March 5th and Sunday, March 6th, and only admits people 21 and over with a valid I.D. The venue opens at 12 p.m. both days and closes at 11 p.m. on Saturday and 10 p.m. on Sunday. Parking, trolleys, and bike valet will be available to visitors. There is also a nearby AMTRAK station. One-day passes are priced at $90 and weekend passes are $175. Information about tickets, lineups, hotels, transportation, and venue rules can be found here.

The LA Zine Fest will showcase its zine community on March 6th in Downtown LA. The event will give people the opportunity to present their self-published, non-profit magazines, fanzines, or webzines in front of So-Cal’s fellow “zinesters”. People from all over the country attend the Zine Fest every year to experience and contribute ideas for paper or the web in the form of words and pictures. More than 180 contributors will be displaying their work at the event. Admission is free and welcomes people of all ages. More information about zine contributors, organizers, and maps can be found here.

Orange County record label Burger Records is collaborating with Santa Ana’s Observatory to hold a five-year anniversary celebration. The Burger and Observatory 5-year anniversary fest will feature performances from Crystal Castles, Misfits, Beach Fossils, Thee Oh Sees, Too $hort, Slowdive, and more. The festival takes place from March 7th to March 13th, and admits all ages. Tickets are priced at $70 for a five-day pass or $40 for a single-day pass. Both include a separate service fee. The Observatory’s parking is free and first-come-first-serve. Additional parking is located within walking distance of the venue starting from $10 per vehicle. More information about tickets, lineups, and directions can be found here.