SRC opens without running water for restrooms, showers

File Photo / The Sundial

Restrooms, showers and water fountains remain out of order throughout the Student Recreation Center, according to staff.

The SRC reopened 1 p.m. Monday despite a burst water main that cut off the building’s water supply over the weekend.

Although running water remains unavailable throughout the building, the SRC is offering temporary alternatives to their patrons.

SRC Staff have set up three coolers of water for patrons at the front desk and each of the first floor training zones. Staff are also handing out free towels at reception and directing gym goers that need to use the restroom to the facilities throughout the University Student Union. Showers are also available at the Plaza Pool.

The SRC is working with CSUN Physical Plant Management to repair the broken pipe, according to Kaila Lavin, the gym’s assistant director of facility operations. Lavin said she is unsure when water would be restored to the building.

Building management shut down the SRC at around 11:30 a.m. on Saturday. The closure interrupted the routine of many Matadors like sophomore business major, Cameron Brown, who plays intramural basketball at the facility.

“It’s pretty empty. Normally there’d be all three courts going,” said Brown.

Brown hopes word of the reopening reaches more of his teammates before the start of tonight’s games at 5 p.m.