Weekly calendar of events at CSUN

Tuesday, April 12

Centering with Scents: Introduction to Aromatherapy and Guided Meditation

The Oasis Wellness Center will put on a 30-minute workshop in the Oasis Wellness Center Radiance Square, which gives students an introduction to aromatherapy and guided meditation. Students can learn techniques to help manage stress and will include an experiential portion that will allow students to exercise aromatherapy. The event, which is free to all CSUN students, will hold two sessions from 11 to 11:30 a.m. and 11:30 to 12 p.m.

Tuesday, April 12

Guided Meditation

The Oasis Wellness Center will hold a meditation event, which looks to remove stress and replace it with a dose of inner peace and is a great tool to balance your emotions, deal with physical and psychological distress and promote the peace of the present moment. The event will be held from 4-4:55 p.m. in the Vitality Room and is free to all CSUN students looking for a relaxed evening.

Tuesday, April 12

Serenity Yoga

Students can register for Serenity Yoga, which brings healing and balance to the body’s systems. This Hatha based yoga class targets relaxation and includes posture, breath and meditation. The event will occur from 4-5:10 p.m. in the Oasis Wellness Center Reflection Patio and is free of charge.

Tuesday, April 12

6th Annual ASIMP Symposium: The Arts of Africa in the Contemporary World

Dr. Allen Roberts and Dr. David Donokor will speak to students about the Arts of Africa in the Contemporary World. The discussion will occur from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the University Student Union Northridge Room. The event is free to all CSUN students.

Tuesday, April 12

Poetry Writing Workshop

Register for this event, which will be a poetry writing workshop in honor of National Poetry Month. The event, which will be led by Sean Pessin, will take place from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Oviatt Library, Lab A.

Wednesday, April 13

“Cultivating Mindfulness” at the Oasis Wellness Center

Oasis Wellness Center will be hosting a workshop called, “Cultivating Mindfulness,” which aims to teach you meditation techniques that will help you gain a more relaxed, stress-free life. The workshop is free to all CSUN students from 12 to 1 p.m. in the Serenity/Vitality Meeting Room, located in the Oasis Wellness Center.

Wednesday, April 13

Serenity Yoga

Students can register for Serenity Yoga, which brings healing and balance to the body’s systems. This Hatha-based yoga class targets relaxation and includes posture, breath and meditation. The event will occur from 11 a.m. to 12:10 p.m. in the Oasis Wellness Center Reflection Patio and is free of charge.

Wednesday, April 13

Art Session at the Oasis: Contemplation Painting

The Oasis Wellness Center will hold a free workshop, which uses painting to improve your stress levels, from 2:30 to 4 p.m. The event is held every Wednesday, and registration begins 24 hours before the class date. Cost of the workshop is free for all students.

Wednesday, April 13

The Changing Ethnic Quilt of Southern California

The school’s Geography Department and the Geography Map Library will host an event with two well-known geographers and scholars, James Allen and Gene Turner. The discussion, which will be followed by an open house of the Geography Map Library, will take place from 3 to 5 p.m. in Whitset Room, Sierra Hall 451.

Wednesday, April 13

Wind Symphony / Lawrence Stoffel, conductor

The CSUN Wind Symphony will hold a performance, led by conductor Lawrence Stoffel, at the Plaza del Sol Performance Hall at 7:30 p.m. Prices for the event range from $7-15 and doors open at 7 p.m.

Wednesday, April 13

Guided Meditation

The Oasis Wellness Center will hold a meditation class, which looks to remove stress and replace it with a dose of inner peace and is a great tool to balance your emotions, deal with physical and psychological distress and promote the peace of the present moment. The event will be held from 4 to 4:55 p.m. in the Vitality Room and is free to all CSUN students looking for a relaxed evening.

Wednesday, April 13

Education Expo 2016

Recruiters from charter schools, school districts, and other organizations, will meet with CSUN student teachers, graduate students, undergraduates and alumni. Session A will take place from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. and Session B will be at 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. in the University Student Union Northridge Center.

Thursday, April 14

“Let’s Beat Test Anxiety” Workshops

Dr. Saimir Thano of University Counseling Services will lead a workshop, which teaches ways to manage and improve your anxiety when it comes to test taking. The event takes place from 1 to 2:30 p.m. in the Oasis Wellness Center and is free of charge for all students on campus.

Thursday, April 14

Serenity Yoga

Students can register for Serenity Yoga, which brings healing and balance to the body’s systems. This Hatha-based yoga class targets relaxation and includes posture, breath and meditation. The event will occur from 4 to 5:10 p.m. in the Oasis Wellness Center Reflection Patio and is free of charge.

Thursday, April 14

Antichrist

CSUN will show a 108-minute film, which follows a grief-stricken man and woman, who retreat to their cabin deep in the woods after the accidental death of their son. The event will begin at 7 p.m. at Armer Theater (MZ100). The event is free to all students.

Saturday, April 16

Get CPR, AED and First Aid Certified in One Day at the SRC!

For $45 CSUN students can take classes to get certified in CPR, AED and First Aid. This opportunity will be held from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Student Recreation Center and required those interested to register online.