CSUN holds Disney performance for latest concert installment

Emily Laliotis performs at Noontime Concerts at Plaza del Sol in Northridge, Calif., on Oct. 26.
Nylah Quijano
Emily Laliotis performs at “Noontime Concerts” at Plaza del Sol in Northridge, Calif., on Oct. 26.

The University Student Union held a Disney- themed performance by singer Emily Laliotis on Oct. 26, as part of their hour-long “Noontime Concerts” series at CSUN’s Plaza Del Sol.

Laliotis’ setlist consisted of Disney songs from the classic animated movies.

This was the fourth installment of the free performances offered by the USU, and featured free food.

The USU provided a variety of free food, as well as tables and shaded areas for everyone. Each concert from this series has its own theme, and USU employees wear accessories to match the theme.

“It’s nice to be able to save a few bucks on food and then of course they usually have a nice lineup of singing and instrumental talents,” said Janet Merida, a junior majoring in mechanical engineering.

The USU employees handed out plates and served Filipino food that was fresh and delicious. Each dish was handmade and there were a variety of options to choose from.

“They usually have diverse foods and serve it in good portions,” Merida said.

USU members walked around, continuously promoting small events on campus.

“For me personally, I had a hard time feeling connected to CSUN, but after working at the USU and attending events like this, it motivates me to do better in school,” said USU employee Alishia Maghreiva, a senior majoring in communication studies.

“Noontime Concert” had a positive turnout with a solid group of students attending the event.

“Since last semester, it has split into its own event. I believe there will be more continuing into the next semester,” Maghreiva said.

The final “Noontime Concert” of the semester is scheduled for Nov. 12, and will continue to take place in the Plaza Del Sol.