Dianne Harrison arrives at CSUN for the first time as president

Correction:  Dianne Harrison was not escorted by Jolene Koester.  She was actually escorted through campus by out-going interim president Harry Hellenbrand who has returned to his position as provost and Cynthia Rawitch, vice provost at CSUN.

Newly appointed president of CSUN Dianne Harrison talks to students, during a meet and greet outside of the Valley Performing Arts Center in March. File Photo.

CSUN’s new president, Dianne Harrison, took a campus tour and met faculty members today during her first day in office.

Harrison received her official CSUN ID card and met Matty the Matador in Bayramian Hall this morning.  She said her first week in office will be filled with several meetings and learning her about the campus.

“This first week is going to be very busy,” said Harrison, “My inbox is quickly filling up!”

CSUN’s former president, Jolene Koester, escorted Harrison through the offices of the graduate and undergraduate departments this morning and introduced her to several faculty members.

“I am going to have to keep familiarizing myself with the staff and their desks,” said Harrison. “I will keep doing that until I am all settled in.”

Harrison comes to CSUN after serving as president of California State University, Monterey Bay since 2006.  Before that she served for 30 years as a faculty member at Florida State University and has a Ph.D in social work. She also has done extensive research in the prevention of HIV among women.