Students enjoy club vibe at Neon Nights

CORRECTION: The next Neon Nights event is on April 4, not April 14 as stated in the story.

Students enjoyed games, food, drinks and music from Dj Kamikaze at the semester’s second Neon Nights event at the USU.

Victor Molina, commercial service attendant of the games room, said the event was for students to come in on a Thursday night and have a night to enjoy with friends.

“The whole fact of Neon Nights is to turn the Games Room into a club ambiance with an underground party vibe,” Molina said.

Melissa Chavez, 22, senior kinesiology major said it was her first time attending the event and was interested in it because of the music and the theme.

“It feels like a bar but with out the bar,” Chavez said.

The light bulbs above the pool tables and table tennis were replaced with black lights to set the mood of the event.

Roman Rodriguez, 24, junior, sociology major said it was his first time attending the event and he enjoyed spending it with his close friends from his hometown.

Molina said students who attend the events in the games room are given a chance to enter in a semester raffle that ends in April.

This semester the winners could win a Kindle, a Sony camera, an iPod nano or a Members Only Club card for the Games Room.

Neon Nights is an event provided by the USU and it happens every first Thursday of every month. The next Neon Nights is on April 14.