Poker, blackjack and a flick at ‘Casino & Movie Night’

Champaign Williams

Casino2

Two tables of Texas Holdem were set up for Casino Night in the Games Room, USU on Friday. The winner at each table had to play against each other. Photo credit: Andrea Alexanian / Production

CSUN students attended the Casino & Movie Night event held by the University Student Union (USU) Friday evening.

The event was held in the Game Room and numerous students were in attendance. Students were given the opportunity to participate in a blackjack tournament and competed to win Texas holdem’ poker. Free pizza and snacks were available to quench attendees appetites as well.

Casino

Alex Jones, 21, a marketing major, deals the cards for his table. Each student took turns being the dealer at Casino Night in the Games Room, USU, Friday evening. Photo credit: Andrea Alexanian / Production

Charlie Small, USU commercial services and game assistant said this is the first time the USU has held a casino-themed event of this nature. Trophies were given to the winners of the blackjack and poker tournaments before the end of the night.

All in attendance also had the opportunity to watch George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Matt Damon, Bernie Mac and nearly half a dozen more actors and actresses scheme and plot to rob a wealthy casino in Las Vegas in “Ocean’s Eleven.”

Contributing reporting by George Benitez