Spring Break calendar of events

Event:Dodgers Opening DayDescription:The smell of popcorn and hotdogs is the air, which must mean that baseball season is finally here! Even though Opening Day at Dodger Stadium has sold out, there are still tickets available for the rest of opening weekend against the San Francisco Giants. Students can kick off the spring season and spring break all in one go!Date:April 5 – 6Time:1:10 p.m.Location:Dodger Stadium 1000 Elysian Park Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90012Cost:Starting at $25Website:Link
Event:Taco Madness 2014Description:Tired of arguing with your friends about what tacos are the best in LA? Well don’t worry, Taco Madness will save your friendship. Modeled after the famous NCAA tournament, Taco Madness pitted the best tacos against each other in a month long, bracket-style showdown in the search of the head honcho of Mexican food. To celebrate the end of the contest, a free party filled with music, food, and of course tacos, will be held.Date:April 5Time:12 p.m.Location:Grand Park 227 N Spring St., Los Angeles, CA 90012Cost:FreeWebsite:Link
Event:Yarn CrawlDescription:Knitters and Needlers have the chance to prowl the streets of LA in search of hidden treasures, supplies and new techniques. LA’s Yarn Crawl promotes knitting and stitching, bringing together the crafty community with food, workshops and even a group “stich ‘n bitch.”Date:April 3 to April 6Time:Various timesLocation:Various locations, check onlineCost:FreeWebsite:Link
Event:CicLAviaDescription:The premiere outing for cycling enthusiasts has returned to LA, but CicLAvia isn’t just for bikers. The event, which looks to promote green-commuting and safety, invites pedestrians and Metro-users to join cyclists on their six mile walk down Wilshire Boulevard. The journey includes local art and food trucks along the way.Date:April 6Time:9 a.m. to 4 p.m.Location:Wilshire Blvd.Cost:FreeWebsite:Link
Event:LA Beer FestDescription:The 6th annual Beer Fest features dozens of breweries, food trucks and DJs. Admission buys guests entry to the party, but also includes the cost of beer tastings. Tickets are only available online, and not sold at the door, so beer connoisseurs should purchase as soon as possible.Date:April 6Time:12 p.m. to 8 p.m.Location:LA Center Studios 1201 W 5th St. T-110, Los Angeles, CA 90017Cost:$40Website:Link
Event:The Original Renaissance Pleasure FaireDescription:Dust off your chain mail and matching knight costume, ye olde Renaissance Faire is back in town. Guests can enjoy a variety of medieval acts spread out across 13 different stages throughout the grounds. Food, jousts, workshops and even tea with the Queen of the court will be available for those in attendance. Period-appropriate costumes are encouraged to heighten the fun and atmosphere, but leave your lute at home (no seriously, instruments aren’t allowed).Date:April 5 – May 9Time:10 a.m. to 7 p.m.Location:Santa Fe Dam Recreation Area 15501 Arrow Hwy Irwindale, CA 91706Cost:Starting at $28Website:Link