Popular retail outlet Nasty Gal, opens first store location on Melrose

The store looks exactly how anyone browsing the website would imagine: modern and a bit edgy. Photo Credit: Demi Corso/Sundial Staff

Online shoppers can finally get the whole 4-D Nasty Gal experience, with the opening of the first Melrose location.

Popular online retailer Nasty Gal opened their first ever store on Los Angeles’ famous Melrose Boulevard Nov. 21, with a line going around the block that lasted for the first two days.

Stylish locals gathered on Melrose Boulevard to be some of the first to go in the store and get their hands on the vintage quilted Chanel backpacks and gold body chains.

Upon entry or by appointment, Nasty Gal enthusiasts can get one-on-one styling and fashion advice from the store’s sales associates and stylists.

Chelsea Alexander, one of the store’s stylists said she hopes to gain personal relationships with the brand’s loyal customers. She gushed about the excitement she has to help the customers who come in right after work as a pit stop to grab a few pieces for their night out.

The stylists and sales associates are required to dawn outfits that consist of Nasty Gal clothing, and are free to add their own personal touches with accessories and makeup.

The shiny, quaint store looks exactly how anyone browsing the website would imagine: modern and a bit edgy. The fitting room area set up in the middle of the store is lined with mirrors, and serves as the gathering spot for shoppers.

The brand mixes luxury, high fashion with affordable, trendy pieces. The location carries not only the Nasty Gal brand, but vintage pieces and pieces from third party sellers.

Nasty Gal specializes in mixing high and low fashion. An example of this would be pairing a $225 vintage band t-shirt that can be worn with a $20 Louis Vuitton-inspired gold single earring, and a pair of $88 Nasty Gal brand high-waisted jeans.

The shoe pyramid is the focal point of the store, and is stocked with knee high Chanel inspired tweed sneakers, studded biker boots, fuzzy Celine inspired pumps and tons of Jeffrey Campbell heels.

Fluffy coats, vinyl crop tops and sexy shoes are what the store is carrying for the holiday season.

Its not just about the clothes. Vintage fashion magazines like The Face, Instax mini instant film cameras and vinyls like Serge Gainsbourg’s “Histoire de Melody Nelson” fill the store for the all-around “cool girl” experience.

Charlize Theron, Azealia Banks and Kate Nash are a few of the celebrities who made it out to the store’s VIP party to shop the night before the highly anticipated grand opening.

Nasty Gal founder, CEO and #GIRLBOSS Sophia Amoruso, teamed up with MAC to collaborate on three Nasty Gal lipsticks and a nail lacquer that will hit MAC and Nasty Gal stores on December 4.

Nasty Gal is said to open its second location on 3rd Street in Santa Monica in the spring.