Xtreme weekly Issue 7: Who is number 1?

Kristine Delicana/Illustrations Editor

Bmx:

Cult has been doing frame collaborations with a number of different companies and shops (like Kings Rideshop out in Palm Desert) which generally have been doing pretty well. Cult’s new collaboration frame is with Peep Game and they’re also making shirts to compliment the frames. A number of riders kill it for the promo, video including Steve Croteau, Aaron Brenner, and Iz Pulido to name a few. Check out the video, frame and shirts here.

In other news, Dew Tour Champion Cam White has been holding these dirt jump jams on his Australian property for the past 7 years called the Hillside Dirtjams. Cam has successfully created the biggest and possibly most dangerous jumps in the world and after seven years there have been a lot of big bails. If any of you follow Thrasher’s Hall of Meat you know that you see people (who are usually professionals) crashing in the worst ways possible; well this is close as it gets to a BMX version of Thrasher’s infamous section. Here is the video, you won’t want to miss it.

Skate:

Vans adds Rowan Zorilla to their Skate team. Zorilla is a 19-year-old with so much natural talent that even the biggest names in skate have said that he is going to take skateboarding to the next level. Zorilla started making a name for himself a few years ago with web videos that just stood out from everything else. In the interview that vans posted on their page, Zorilla says that he never thought he would have landed a spot on Vans, a team who has a number of “legends”. Congratulations and good luck to Zorilla.

Jake Johnson, Tyler Bledsoe, and Gilbert Crockett have announced their new skateboard brand out of Ohio which they named Mother Collective. No one really knows much yet, but the website is just getting everyone more anxious.

Snowboarding:

Snowboarder Magazine has finally announced their #1 men’s rider of the year: Bode Merrill. Merrill had an insane year taking a gold at X Games, winning Transworld’s rider poll by also winning male video part of the year and rider of the year, now adding Snowboarder magazines rider of the year to his already impressive resume. After winning X Games, Merrill went on to film for Absinthe’s ‘Heavy Mental’, his part was absolutely unforgettable that proved he is the most well rounded rider of the year. Congratulations to Merrill and can’t wait to see what is next.

Surf: Brett Simpson is a surfer that kills waves, but sometimes has difficulty translating that into great heat scores; however, he posted a new video ripping in his hometown Huntington Beach. Not much to say because his riding speaks for itself.

http://youtu.be/0kSKWlotVkghttp://youtu.be/0kSKWlotVkg

The surf forecast this week for Santa Monica according to Surfline is miserable. Today the wave heights are expected to get no higher that two feet. However it may get better as early as tomorrow morning. The Ventura forecast is roughly the same, however current swell is roughly two-three feet. Again, tomorrow should be better.