Crime Blotter for Jan. 11 to Jan. 21

(Sundial Illustration / Thomas Gallegos)

Monday, Jan. 11

• An unknown suspect entered the bedroom of a first floor apartment at the University Park Apartments 12, at 12:43 a.m. Officers say no items were taken and the suspect may have entered through an open window. Officers are continuing with the investigation, according to the CSUN crime log.

• Four residents at University Park Apartments 13 were referred for drug-law violations around 10 p.m.

Tuesday, Jan. 12

• Four residents were referred for drug-law violations at the University Park Apartments 2 at unknown hours.

• A bin was broken into by an unknown suspect outside of the Matador Mercado around 12 a.m. – 6:30 a.m. The suspect stole pastries from the bin.

Thursday, Jan. 14

• CSUN officers arrested a suspect for giving false identification to an officer, possession of a controlled substance, paraphernalia, battery on a peace officer, obstructing a public officer and an outstanding bench warrant. The report occurred at 11:09 a.m. at Redwood Hall. The suspect was transported to the LAPD Van Nuys jail for booking.

• CSUN officers cited a suspect for possession of marijuana at 9:29 p.m. at the University Park Apartments 10. The suspect was released at the scene with a notice to appear.

Friday, Jan. 15

• One resident of the University Park Apartments 8 was reffered for a drug-law violation at 4:55 p.m. The suspect is referred for disciplinary action.

• A resident of the University Park Apartments 10 was referred for a drug-law violation at around 6:09 p.m.

• A bicycle was stolen by an unknown suspect outside of the University Park Apartments 16 at 1 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. The bicycle was secured by a cable lock, according to officers.

Sunday, Jan. 17

• An unknown suspect vandalized the mesh tarp covering a fence by the Observatory at 1:17 p.m. A blue and white marker was used to write on the tarp.

Monday, Jan. 18

• A Fitbit was stolen from a vehicle around Lindley Avenue and Kinzie Street around 7 p.m. – 7:14 a.m. the following day.

Tuesday, Jan. 19

• CSUN officers cited a suspect with possession of marijuana at 6:09 p.m. at the University Park Apartments 17. The suspect was released at the scene with a notice to appear.

Wednesday, Jan. 20

• A person failed to stop at a red light and a CSUN officer cited the suspect for possession of marijuana near Zelzah and Devonshire. The officer released the suspect at the scene with a notice to appear, according to the crime log.

• An unknown suspect used pink spray paint to graffiti on a light post near Sierra Quad. The suspect is still under investigation, according to the log.

• An unknown suspect stole a victim’s secured bicycle at the University Park Apartments around 11:35 a.m.

Thursday, Jan. 21

• CSUN officers arrested a suspect for a bench warrant, driving without a license and no proof of insurance near Nordhoff and Reseda, according to the log. The suspect was transported to LAPD Van Nuys jail for booking.

• CSUN officers arrested a suspect at the Children’s Center. The suspect violated the terms of a court order, according to the log. The officers transported the suspect to LAPD Van Nuys jail for booking.