Captured: Matador Nights

Back to Article
Back to Article

Captured: Matador Nights

Students formed a dance circle at Plaza del Sol for Matador Night. (Patricia Perdomo / The Sundial)

Raul Martinez

Mardi Gras theme sets the mood for the Spring 2016 Matador Nights.

Matador Nights hosted by the USU, created a great atmosphere in which the students can dance at night. The USU was transformed into a dance floor with carnival rides and a very festive theme with a Mardi Gras setting.

Activities which were featured were caricatures, a live DJ, a casino themed room, free drinks and food to name a few. The USU holds this event every semester free of charge to all students with a CSUN I.D. and turns the campus into small venue at night.

All Photographs by Patricia Perdomo / The Sundial.

• Carnival dancers welcomed students at the entrance to Matador Nights at the USU.

• Freshman Juvaliet Lopez, an english major and sophomore Alex Canas, a biology major, string together glow in the dark bead necklaces in the craft corner at Matador Nights.(Patricia Perdomo / The Sundial)

• A jazz band plays in the Northridge room which transformed into a French Quartier for Matador Nights.

• Senior Courtney Leonard-Maye. a CTVA major, and freshman Jeloni Fleming, a creative writing major, enjoy some big winnings at the slots in the casino room at Matador Nights. (Patricia Perdomo / The Sundial)

• Students played casino games without the use of real currency inside the Grand Salon at Matador Nights.

• Grad student in geographic information systems Gregory Halverson discusses his future with a palm reader at Matador Nights. (Patricia Perdomo / The Sundial)

• Sophomore Christian Aguilar, mechanical engineering major, and junior Danielle Sumi, public health major, get their caricature portrait drawn in the French Quartier at Matador Nights. (Patricia Perdomo / The Sundial)

• Senior Public Health Majors Cynthia Diaz and Lizbeth Becerra wore sparkly eye makeup in coordinating with the Mardi Gras themed Matador Nights. (Patricia Perdomo / The Sundial)

• Matadors rode down a giant slide as part of the carnival fun offered at Matador Nights at the USU. (Patricia Perdomo / The Sundial)

• Junior Alejandra Reyes, CTVA major, has her palm read at Matador Nights at the USU. (Patricia Perdomo / The Sundial)

• DJ Rhiannon brought the tracks that kept students dancing till the end of the night. (Patricia Perdomo / The Sundial)

• Students on the dance floor at Plaza del Sol for Matador Night. (Patricia Perdomo / The Sundial)

• Freshman communication studies majors David Mendoza and Astrid Perez grab some fruity refreshments between dancing at Matador Nights. (Patricia Perdomo / The Sundial)

• Sophomore Janette Sanchez, a kinesiology major, gets a glitter body tattoo for the night at Matador nights. (Patricia Perdomo / The Sundial)

• DJ Rhiannon hypes up the crowd during her closing set at Matador Nights. (Patricia Perdomo / The Sundial)

• Students formed a dance circle at Plaza del Sol for Matador Night. (Patricia Perdomo / The Sundial)