NBC films TV show on campus

Set photo of “The Good Place” in front of Bayramian Hall. Photo credit: Joshua Pacheco

Filming for the The Good Place, a TV show on NBC, is taking place in front of Bayramian Hall and Manzanita Hall. The Good Place is a comedy fiction series created by Michael Schur, a writer known for TV shows Parks and Recreation and The Office. The show stars Kristen Bell.

DSC_5718.jpg
"You are being photographed sign" near the set for The Good Place in front of Bayramian Hall. Photo credit: Joshua Pacheco

CTVA major Jorge Perez says he gets excited at the idea of major film productions taking place on campus.

“As a film major I can see behind the scenes. I try to see who’s the cinematographer, who’s the director or who are the PAs [production assistants]…I really enjoy coming and watching when they have any sets on campus,” said Perez as he looked out onto the set.

“I wish they would give us a notice beforehand so that walking through campus isn’t very difficult, but I like that most of the shows they film here, I keep up with,” said deaf studies major Noelle Simpson.

Luckily for Simpson, she was able to catch a glimpse of a new development in the plot.

“It’s pretty cool because obviously there’s a new love interest here and that’s not what I want going on, but I am excited to see what’s gonna happen with it,” said Simpson, an avid fan of the show.

Filming is set to conclude in the next few hours.