How to vote in the Associated Students and University Student Union elections

Voting season is here, and both the Associated Students and University Student Union have begun holding their elections.

The Associated Students has candidates running for president, vice president and AS senate, while the USU is holding its election for the Board of Directors.

Voting opened today at 8 a.m., and will close Thursday, April 11 at 6 p.m. Election results will be revealed Thursday at 6:30 p.m. Students should receive a personalized ballot in their CSUN email, where they can vote for candidates.

All students are eligible to vote for AS President and Vice President and can select up to five candidates for the USU Board of Directors. The only students ineligible to vote are those in the TSENG College of Extended Learning since they do not pay AS/USU fees.

For the AS Senate, students can vote for up to two candidates in the academic college they are enrolled in, and up to two senators representing their academic division — upper, lower or graduate. Double majors can vote for candidates in both their majors.

After students finish voting, they’ll see a page at the end of the ballot where they can choose to donate $1 to a club of their choosing.

CSUN also has on-campus voting information stations open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. each day of the election. Today, they are at the campus store and Cleary Walk, and tomorrow and Thursday, they are at the library lawn and the Plaza del Sol.

When voting closes on Thursday, the USU will host an Election Results Reveal and Mixer at 6:30 p.m. in the Thousand Oaks Room.