Update: All clear! Campus emergency over, B6 parking area returning to normal operation, as well as evacuated buildings

UPDATE- 2:28 p.m. All Clear. The campus emergency at Cal State Northridge at the B6 parking structure is over. This is Kit Espinosa at the Dept. of Police Services. The B6 parking area is slowly returning to normal operations. The buildings that were evacuated are also slowly returning to normal operation.

B5 Parking structure was taped off by LAPD officers. Photo Credit: Christianna Triolo / Staff Photographer

UPDATE- 1:52 p.m.
Classes still in session, despite threat.

UPATE- 1:20 p.m.
“There was a threat, so bomb squad responded at the request of authorities on campus,” said Lt. John Romero of the LAPD. Confirmed call was received at 11:24 a.m.

UPDATE- 1:07 p.m.

A cop on the scene said the call came in an hour and a half ago. It is reported that a vehicle on Plummer Street is the alleged reason for the bomb threat not yet confirmed.

CAL STATE NORTHRIDGE
Message sent – 2/5/2010
Bomb Threat

This is an emergency message for Cal State Northridge – Students, Faculty and Staff. This is Kit Espinosa, Dept. of Police Services. A campus emergency has been declared. Police and emergency response personnel are responding to the scene of a bomb threat on campus as of noon today, February 5th. 2010. Stay clear of north of the B5 parking structure to include the B6 structure and the PPM area.

View Bomb Threat Locations in a larger map