Songs for Happiness & Heartbreak

Photo Illustration by Cladellain Kae David / Photo Editor

Truly nothing beats giving your girlfriend or boyfriend a personalized mixed tape for Valentine’s Day. Well, its 2015 now, so a personalized playlist or CD will do. Here at The Sundial we’ve put together two playlists: one for heart flutters and one for total heartbreak. Don’t worry, we’re looking out for you, regardless on what’s happening for you on February 14.

A mixed CD is a perfect gift for a loved one instead, and an easy DIY. Whether it’s for a special someone, a potential mix to cry and eat a tub of ice cream to, or for a friend this gift is filled with personality, thought and won’t put a dent in the wallet.

The materials needed:

1. Blank CD

2. Markers to decorate

3. A playlist of songs/CD burner

4. Optional: a letter or card

Not only does a personalized mixed CD bring an old school feel, as most now depend on Spotify or iTunes, it shows the person how much time out of a busy day one is willing to take to create such a masterpiece.

Happy:

“This Must Be the Place” by Talking Heads, “Luv, Hold Me Down” by Drowners, “Desire Lines” by Deerhunter, “Blue Moon” by Beck, “Everywhere” by Fleetwood Mac, “One Million Lovers” by The Growlers, “Endlessly” by Toy, “On My Team” by The Babies, “Lovesick” by Peace, “Arabella” by Arctic Monkeys

Sad:

“My Body Is A Cage” by Arcade Fire, “You’re Not Good Enough” by Blood Orange, “My Number” by Foals, “It’s All Over Now” by The Rolling Stones, “Evil Twin” by Arctic Monkeys, “Best of Friends” by Palma Violets, “You’re Not The One” by Sky Ferreira, “Heartbreaker” by Girls, “Solitude Is Bliss” by Tame Impala, “I Can’t Win” by The Strokes