Best beaches for Spring Break

Beaches and Southern California go hand-in-hand. There are hundreds of beaches to choose to visit during Spring Break. (Ricardo DeAratanha/Los Angeles Times/MCT)

Beaches and Southern California are synonymous with each other. If you live in the SoCal region you shouldn’t have any trouble finding beaches, the trouble begins when deciding which one is your favorite. Here’s a couple beaches that you might want to add to the list to visit over Spring Break and enjoy some much needed “fun in the sun”.

(Judith Evans/St. Louis Post-Dispatch/MCT)
Santa Monica Beach. (Judith Evans/St. Louis Post-Dispatch/MCT)

Santa Monica Beach: With the iconic “pier” and Pacific Ocean in mind, Santa Monica beach is endless amounts of fun. It’s is perfect for families and day-trippers alike. Located 20-25 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, on a good day, you can enjoy all the festivities the boardwalk/pier has to offer including amusement park rides, aquariums, and the delectable seafood spots. The beach itself is riddled with volleyball courts accompanied by a long weaving paved bike path for bikers and skaters to enjoy. This is truly one SoCal beach that has it all.

Venice Beach: C’mon, it’s Venice. If you have never been to Venice, you are missing out. Known as one of the most diverse, quirky, and undeniably unique beaches in SoCal, Venice Beach is in a league of it’s own. The only thing that this beach has in common with the many other in Southern California beaches is the sand. Venice Beach is a parade of entertainment from the vast array of “artists”, to the free-spirited hippies, to the scantily-clad body builders, this 3/4 mile boardwalk beach is a must visit. Not just for the rays, but for the ambiance and energy it has to offer.

Crystal Cove: Looking for an escape from reality? Look no further, Crystal Cove State Park is 3.5 miles of SoCal’s most breathtaking hiking and horseback riding trails.

Crystal Cove State Park.(Matt Masin/Orange County Register/TNS)

Located just outside of Newport Harbor, Crystal Cove is a year-round beauty with 2,400 acres of woodland and hundreds of tide pools teeming with aquatic life. This beach is popular among nature lovers and surfers, alike. Whether you like to hike, surf, or bathe in nature’s beauty, Crystal Cove has it all.

Hermosa Beach: If you like biking and volleyball, this is your beach! Home to the Marvin Braude Coastal Bike Trail, Hermosa beach features this 22-mile long trail stretching all the way to Santa Monica. If biking isn’t your cup of tea, you can try your luck fishing along the pier with the locals. This beach takes pride in its appearance as it is known to be one of the cleanest, but sexiest beaches in SoCal. This local beach is sprayed, no pun intended, with tons of “beach bods” sunbathing, surfing, and playing volleyball along the beach’s 1.5 mile shoreline. Void of many tourists and tourists attractions, this beach is a must visit to all Angelenos.

Huntington Beach. (Allen J. Schaben/Los Angeles Times/TNS)

Huntington Beach: Nicknamed, “Surf City U.S.A.”, this world-renowned beach is home to some of the best waves in California. Throughout the year, you can find some of the best professional and amateur surfers littered throughout this beach’s shores. If you are a thrill-seeker looking for big waves, nice sets, and a chance to rub shoulders Kelly Slater, look no further, Huntington Beach is your oasis.