AS talks graduation tickets, congratulates women’s rugby team

The Associated Students meet to discuss the agenda for the day on Monday, April 28 at the Grand Salon in Northridge, Calif. (Photo Credit: Magaly Barajas/Contributor)

The graduation ticketing process was discussed by senators at Monday’s Associated Students (AS) meeting.

Tom Piernick, director of the Office of Student Development and International Programs, said some students have been having problems printing or requesting additional tickets for guests at the the 2014 Commencement. Students seeking assistance should go to the Office of Student Involvement and Development or call them at (818)-677-2393.

AS senators also congratulated the CSUN women’s rugby team, who won the USA Rugby College DII Championship National quarterfinal 12-0 over Long Beach State on Sunday. CSUN won 43-17 against Humboldt State in a quarterfinal matchup on Saturday.

With the victory, Northridge will play in the National Semifinal at Stanford’s Steer Rugby Stadium on May 10 against Indiana University of Pennsylvania.

AS also announced that Gender and Women’s Studies, the Pride Center, the Oviatt Library and Queer Studies are hosting a four-day event called Sex in the Library. All events are free will be held in the Jack and Florence Ferman Presentation Room.

“Sex in the Library is an intellectual look at what is in our library that will teach us about human sexuality,” Piernik said.

As part of the event the queer studies department will host An Evening with Miss Major: Trans History and the Movement Today, on Tuesday from 5 p.m.-6 p.m.

On Wednesday at 2 p.m., the Oviatt Library will host a lecture called Collecting History and Pimping it out with Art: A Strategy for Archival Development. The lecture will be presented by Joseph R. Hawkins, Ph.D, University of Southern California, Director of ONE National Gay & Lesbian Archives.

The Oviatt Library is also hosting a lecture called Can We Put This on the Website?: Working with Sex and Gender Collections in CSUN’s Special Collections and Archives. The lecture will be presented by Ellen E. Jarosz, special collections and archives librarian.

On Thursday from 4 p.m.-6 p.m. the Oviatt Library will be hosting a Presentation of all Capstone archival research projects.

The last AS meeting will be held in the USU Grand Salon at 9 a.m. on May 5th.