Associated Students welcome back semester with fair

Rasta Ghafouri
The fair had various booths where students could interact. Free games such as bowling, sand toss, and basketball were at the Associated Students Welcome Fair outside the bookstore. Photo Credit: Rasta Ghafouri/ The Sundial
The fair had various booths where students could interact. Free games such as bowling, sand toss, and basketball were at the Associated Students Welcome Fair outside the bookstore.  Photo Credit: Rasta Ghafouri/ The Sundial
The fair had various booths where students could interact. Free games such as bowling, sand toss, and basketball were at the Associated Students Welcome Fair outside the bookstore.
Photo Credit: Rasta Ghafouri/ The Sundial

Students gathered at the Associated Students (AS) Fair to learn about the services AS offers and to take a break between classes.

The event was held on Bayramian Lawn to inform students ways to get involved on campus as they enter the fall semester.

Daniel Ramos, AS event adviser, said, “We want students to know that they have options on this campus, whether it is outdoor activities or clubs on campus.”

Giveaways for students included academic planners, earphones, notebooks, and water bottles.

“It’s free, and it’s what us college students like,” Byron Lowe, sophomore business major, said.

With a DJ on set and cool mist blowing, students were ate funnel cakes from a food truck, and played games such as basketball, wheel spinning and bowling.

“It’s a nice thing to have in the beginning of the year,” Jonathan Parsekian, senior biology major, said. “It’s always interesting to see what clubs have to offer.”

AS Sports Clubs was also present to promote the upcoming Sports-a-Palooza event.

Jade Law, AS Sports Clubs secretary was on hand to answer any questions students had. “Our slogan is participate, recreate, spectate,” she said.

With a wide variety of sports open to male and female students, Law said sports clubs are open to everyone.

“We want students to get the most out of the experience, if they cant, we want them to at least be able to spectate,” said Law.

Sports-a-Palooza will take place tomorrow from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.