Fashion Forward Friday Week 4: The Accessories Guide

Twitter_Transperncy@simplyugochi

Accessories alone have the ability to not only make, but break an outfit. From handbags, designer watchers, statement jewelry pieces, hats to belts these accessories are essential to finishing off any outfit, but there’s rules and occasions for them all.

To pair these accessories with Spring must-haves, check here for last’s week season’s fashion predictions.

Ladies, the handbag, our most essential accessory comes in different shapes, sizes, colors, textures, patterns, but most importantly styles. We all have that signature bag, the go to, that one we rely on for any and everything. However, alongside that signature bag has to be you’re line up and if you don’t have a line up, it’s time you get one.

The infamous clutch, aka the date night, the girl’s night out and the special occasion bag is one of the most important pursues in your lineup. Long and narrow, the clutch allows you to carry what you need without the extra baggage.

What’s inside your clutch? Essentials only; the cellphone, credit cards and or cash, ID, keys and that statement lipstick you’re showing of on your lips and nothing more and nothing less. Need a clutch? Head over to Urban Outfitters, Macy’s or H&M to not only find a stylish, but a good quality clutch.

The festival bag, which is known as the fringe boho, or the spacious tote bag. With Coachella and other music festivals around the corner this bag is essential. This bag is also interchangeable because it works well at the beach and amusement parks too. This is our survival kit bag, in the sense where this bag holds our money, snacks, water, sunscreen, lip balm, a pair of sunnies and necessities for a long adventurous day out.

Lastly, the backpack, a school girl’s life packed in one place. For those fashion junkies that believe backpacks ruin your outfit, the doctor bag and an oversize stylish tote bag are perfect substitutions. This bag carries your laptop, iPad, notebooks, school supplies and day in and day out necessities. Looking for a cute backpack or substitution? Zara and Brandy Melville definitely won’t let you down.

Statement pieces are getting bold especially in the jewelry department. For a night out on the town jewelry is a must have. Ladies, a bold, daring statement necklace is essential. Alone the necklace should be jaw dropping, attention grabbing and have the ability to dress up that little black dress in a classy yet sexy way.

Pearls, a classy must have is a ladylike staple that we all need for those elegant and upscale events. Pearls polish and add that sophistication to finish off that outfit that wasn’t quite complete without it.

Fellas, but not only fellas hats are definitely a huge trend that keeps trending. Bucket hats, snapbacks and fedoras are in style for the long run. For those causal distressed jeans and muscle tee type of day, a bucket hat adds that pizazz and pop to an outfit especially paired with some Timberlands or converse.

Ladies, a snapback can be dressed up and down. A leather snapback paired with some boyfriend jeans, heels, a button up or crop top for a night out and substituting those heels for some oxfords or Converse and a causal top for a movie or game night with the squad.

Men we already know the snapback trend started with you so keep doing what you’re doing. Throw on that snapback to compliment that jersey shirt and denim fit and Jordan’s because snapbacks are back in full effect.

For both men and women fedoras are perfect for those warm, beachy, bonfire type days and nights. Last, but definitely not least a belt is one of those pieces that can turn an outfit from sloppy to chic in an instant, it’s good to have a few standard colors and different widths in your closet.

If you haven’t already made a list of things to buy for your next trip to the mall I suggest you start now. Accessories are that finishing touch your outfit might be missing and for those fashion junkies out there this is just another excuse to satisfy your shopping craving which I fully support, may the pricings be ever in your favor.