Wellness fair to welcome students with workshops, meditation, prizes

Healthy food options on campus and body esteem will be some of the topics covered during the second annual Welcome to Wellness event on campus next week.

The day of health and wellness at the USU will include workshops, meditation refreshers, a free farmers market as well as raffles for prizes.

Amanda Christianson, fitness coordinator, said the event’s objective is to connect mind, body and spiritual wellness.

“The goal is to educate students about the resources that are available and show them ways to have a healthier lifestyle,” she said.

Attendees are invited to begin the day with a yoga class out on the OST lawn north of the plaza at 11 a.m.

Passports will be handed out for access to the meditation refresher and other stations.

Students can find peace and quiet on one of the cots in the designated sleep station.

Once students have visited five stations, they will get a free tote and access to the free farmers market. Students can also take advantage of a complimentary 5-minute massage.

Attendees will be entered to win $25 gift cards.

Those who get a passport will also be eligible for a chance to win a 20-session personal training package with the SRC.

The free event will take place in the Plaza del Sol from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sept 17.

For more information call (818) 677- 5434 or visit csun.edu/src/welcometowellness.