Christianity in the Valley

A+church
Mannam Presbyterian Church was built in 1999 under Pastor Yong-Hwan Cho on the corner or Lassen Street and Lindley Avenue. It offers sermons in Korean and ministries in both Korean and English. Photo credit: Elaine Sanders

There are dozens of churches located around the San Fernando Valley that represent different sects of the Christian faith. Here is a look at some of the churches that are close to CSUN that give back to the SFV community.

SandersE_churches_04_web.jpg
First Presbyterian Church of Granada Hills is located at 10400 Zelzah Avenue and was founded in 1947. They offer both traditional and contemporary services where they explore what it means to be a disciple in the 21st century. Photo credit: Elaine Sanders
SandersE_churches_05_web.jpg
Northridge New Life Church of the Nazarene is located on the corner of Reseda Boulevard and Chatsworth Street. It was founded in 1928 with a mission to create "Christlike disciples in the Valley" according to their Facebook page. Photo credit: Elaine Sanders
SandersE_churches_07_web.jpg
Church Everyday is a primarily Korean ministry located at 17037 Devonshire Street. The church was founded in 1999 by Pastor Choi Hong-joo and 30 followers after worshiping in Lacrecionta Piano Academy together. Photo credit: Elaine Sanders
SandersE_churches_06_web.jpg
The CENTERchurch located at 10452 Louise Avenue (across from Patrick Henry Middle School) is a diverse community that holds worship and has an after school program where students can stay safe while waiting for their parents to pick them up. Photo credit: Elaine Sanders
SandersE_churches_01_web.jpg
Northridge United Methodist Church is located on the corner of Reseda Boulevard and Superior Street and was founded on April 23, 1968 creating a new denomination. This church is the product of the unification of The Evangelical United Brethren Church and The Methodist Church. Photo credit: Elaine Sanders
SandersE_churches_08_web.jpg
Valley Korean United Methodist Church is another church under the denomination United Methodist located at 10408 Balboa Boulevard. It holds sermons in Korean and has a congregation with 530 members. Photo credit: Elaine Sanders
SandersE_churches_cover_web.jpg
A cross stands tall in front of First Presbyterian Church of Granada Hills. Photo credit: Elaine Sanders
SandersE_churches_02_web.jpg
Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church is located on the corner of Reseda Boulevard and Kinzie Street. It is a Catholic parish and school serving as a space for the Catholic community in Northridge. Photo credit: Elaine Sanders
SandersE_churches_09_web.jpg
Saint Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church has stood on the corner of Balboa Boulevard and Plummer Street for nearly half a century. In addition to sermons, the church also has a youth basketball team, volleyball team and Greek dance program. The award winning dance program combines the Greek culture and spirituality of the Greek Orthodox Tradition. Photo credit: Elaine Sanders