The student media organization of California State University Northridge

Daily Sundial

The student media organization of California State University Northridge

Daily Sundial

The student media organization of California State University Northridge

Daily Sundial

Got a tip? Have something you need to tell us? Contact the Sundial

Loading Recent Classifieds...

Got a tip? Have something you need to tell us? Contact the Sundial

Loading Recent Classifieds...

Fire in Monterey Hall caused by an overheated motor

Fire+trucks+by+Monterey+Hall+after+an+electrical+fire+caused+by+an+overheated+motor+was+found+and+extinguished.+Manny+Araujo+%2F+News+Editor
Fire trucks by Monterey Hall after an electrical fire caused by an overheated motor was found and extinguished. Manny Araujo / News Editor
DSC_0002.JPG
Fire trucks by Monterey Hall after an electrical fire caused by an overheated motor was found and extinguished. Manny Araujo / News Editor

An overheated motor caused students and staff to evacuate Monterey Hall early Wednesday evening.

“There was smoke in a room,” said the police officer at the scene, who chose to remain anonymous.

Emergency vehicles quickly arrived by the building, where firefighters first positioned a ladder on a fire truck toward a window on the third floor, where the smoke was coming from. Several firefighters also placed a wooden ladder against the building to reach the window. After the smoke was cleared from the building, these ladders were quickly taken down.

Some students were told there may have been an “electrical incident,” while other students said there was a “smell” on the third floor.

 

More to Discover